Magic Skills are skills/spells for "mages" and are commonly used with staves or magic devices. Magic skills are characterized with being very useful in a variety of situations, but often has a long cast time, or start up.
Like Brawler skills for knuckles, magic skills can be used with any weapon, but without a staff or a magic device equipped, the damage will be reduced and/or it will take longer to cast.
The most widely used skills in the magic skill tree are MP Charge (the only skill in the game that can be used to quickly recover MP without needing to attack an enemy) and Magic: Impact, for it halves the MP cost of the next move used.
Courtesy of Argo's Skill Tree Guide
Lv.1 Magic SkillsEdit
- Magic: Arrows - (MP Needed: 100) No Weapon Restrictions - The first skill in the Magic Skill book. This spell casts a "Cast Circle" in front of you that shoots small magic arrows like an automatic turret. The amount of arrows fired increase as the skill levels up.
- Magic: Javelin - (MP Needed: 200) No Weapon Restrictions - The first skill that is on the top row of where it stems from Magic: Arrows. This spell casts a large magic javelin to drop apon the target. You have a chance to inflict a status ailment. The status ailment depends on the element.
Stems from Magic: Arrows
- Magic: Wall - (MP Needed: 200) No Weapon Restrictions - The first skill that is on the bottom row of where it stems from Magic: Arrows. This spell casts a magic circle around you that forms at your feet and acts like a wall.. It deals damage and will knockback enemies.
Stems from Magic: Arrows.
- Magic: Mastery - Restricted for Staff/Magic Devices - This skill is located under Magic: Arrows. Get more efficient at using Staffs and Magic Devices. ATK of Staffs and Magic Devices increases.
- MP Charge - No Weapon Restrictions - This skill is at the far bottom of the skill book. This spell restores MP by charging magic power. The charging time reduces as the skill levels up.
Lv.2 Magic SkillsEdit
- Magic: Lances - (MP Needed: 300) No Weapon Restrictions - This spell shoots magic lances one after another. The lances increase in damage as the skill levels up.
Stems from Magic: Javelin.'
- Magic: Blast - (MP Needed: 300) No Weapon Restrictions - Set off a blast by concentrating magic power. You have a chance to inflict a status ailment. The status ailment depends on the element.
Stems from Magic: Wall.
- Chain Cast - No Weapon Restrictions - Efficiently cast magic. The cast speed of the magic skill used after "Magic: Arrow" increases.
Stems from MP Charge.
Lv.3 Magic SkillsEdit
- Magic: Impact - (MP Needed: 200) No Weapon - Attack enemies around you with a shock wave. Halves MP cost of the next skill. The effect will become weak if you consecutively use this skill.
Stems from Magic: Lances.
- This skill becomes faster the more points you put into it.
- At Magic: Impact level 7, the skill becomes an instant-cast skill.
- Magic: Storm - (MP Needed: 400) No Weapon Restrictions - A magic to generate a storm. Enemies will be sucked into it. Strong monsters may not be sucked into it.
Stems from Magic: Wall.
- Using Magic Devices can widen the range of Magic: Storm.
- Power Wave - No Weapon Restrictions - Widens the range of normal attacks. You can attack from further than the weapon range. Reduces damage except when Staffs and Magic Devices are equipped into 1st slot.
Stems from Chain Cast.
Unique to magic skills is when the weapon equipped has a different element, it not only has a different animation, but also has a different name when used (although the shortcut button remains unchanged). Also, the status ailments of both Magic: Javelin and Magic: Blast can change.
|Element||Magic: Arrows||Magic: Wall||Magic: Javelin||Magic: Lances||Magic: Blast|
|Water||Water Arrows||Aqua Screen||Ice Javelin||Icicle||Absolute Zero|
|Fire||Fire Arrows||Fire Wall||Fire Javelin||Vulcan||Explosion|
|Earth||Earth Arrows||Earthquake||Rock Javelin||Rock Cannon||Geo Impact|
|Wind||Wind Arrows||Gale Zone||Wind Javelin||Wind Thrust||Aero Blast|
|Light||Light Arrows||Holy Wall*||Holy Javelin||Vanishment||Shining Blast|
|Dark||Dark Arrows||Evil Gate||Dark Javelin||Eclipse||Evil Blast|
*Holy Wall used to be named Sanctuary, which has been changed due to a support skill of similar name.
All elements except fire cause Magic: Javelin & Magic: Blast to give Flinch, interrupting the target's current move and causing a 1 second stun. Fire inflicts the status ailment Ignite, which will quickly deplete a set percentage of the target's health.